NEET -2018 FULL DETAILS
The seats are classified in the following categories
(ii) State Government Quota Seats.
(iii) State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University.
(iv) Central Pool Quota Seats.
PATTERN OF TEST
The NEET (UG) shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). The duration of paper would be 03 hours from 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
(i) Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018.
(ii) The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2018 i.e. the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
(iii) The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission to MBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to
SC/ST/OBC category. (iv) The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) shall be limited to 3 (Three) uniformly for all the candidates.
(v) The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology at the qualifying
examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates. Further, for persons for locomotor disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2018 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
RESERVATION OF SEATS & ADMISSION IN MEDICAL/DENTAL COLLEGES
1. An All India merit list and All India Rank of the qualified candidates shall be
prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum
Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from
the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies.
2. All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall
be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
3. All other existing eligibility criteria for admission to Medical/Dental Colleges shall be applicable as per Rules and Policies of the State/UT/Institution/University concerned.
1. CBSE will provide All India Rank. The result will be given to DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India to provide the same to admitting authorities.
2. Admitting authorities will invite applications for counseling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the admitting authorities subject
to their applicable rules.